- In android, Layout is a class that is used for arranging its children that are displayed on the screen.
- In android, anything that is a view can be the child of the layout.
- In android, layout provides the way for arranging the elements on the screen or on the activity.
- Android provides a facility to arrange the user interface on the screen.
- In android, an activity always uses a layout. Without layout, we cannot create any activity for our application.
- When we create views then that views are displayed in arranged view that we defined.
- We can change the position of the view on the screen by the help of the android layouts.
- Layout provides the structure for the user interface and we can manage the elements on the screen.
- We can use any suitable layout for our application.
- We can define the layouts by using the XML file and by creating the object of the View or view groups at runtime.
- We can change the layout created in XML at runtime.
Attributes of Android layout
There are several attributes of the android layouts that help to develop the android application and managing the elements on the screen. These attributes are as follows:
- Android:id => This attribute is used to define the id of the view. This id must be unique means this is used to define the unique identification for the view.
- Android:layout_width => This attribute is used to define the width of the view on the screen.
- Android:layout_height => This attribute is used to define the height of the view on the screen.