How to Use Manifest Editor
The ADT provides the manifest editor for avoiding the deal with the XML directly. To open the manifest editor we have to follow the following steps:
- First of all we have to right click on the AndroidManifest.xml of our application that is placed on the package explorer.
- Now we have to select Open with => Android Manifest Editor.
- When we click on Android Manifest Editor then window appears as follows:
- Here there are several options available by which we can choose the wished configuration for the application.
- Here we can also browse the package by just clicking on the Browse... button.
- Here we can see the version code is defined if we want another version code then specify.
- Here we can change or modify the version name by just clicking on Browse.. button and choose the version name.
- We can also provide the shared user id by using the Browse.. button.
- We can also provide the shared user label by using the Browse.. button.
- Here we can define the install location for the application.
- We can also add the Uses-SDK by clicking on the Add button.
- When we add any uses-SDK then other non-visible buttons will be visible to user.
When we set the configuration for our application using the Android Manifest Editor then this will automatically added to the XML file.
To open the xml file, we have double click on the AndroidManifest.xml file stored on the package explore then it will look like as follows: