- A menu control provides a list of options to the user to choose from. It hides these options when they are not needed and thus saves the space in the Windows application.
- Here we are going to study about a menu control i.e MenuStrip control :
MenuStrip Control is used to display menus in a Windows Application. Lets us take an example of MenuStrip control:
- Add the MenuStrip control from the ToolBox to Form.
- Now notice the text Type Here. We can create a new menu by double-clicking on that text. A text box will appear in place of text Type Here. Now enter the title for the menu as "File".
- Now we will add the menu items to File Menu. To do this, click on the Type Here text box below the File menu. This will open a Text box. Enter the text "New" for menu item.
- Similarly we can add multipl menu items for File menu as Open,Save and Exit. As shown in given figure:
- Press F5 key to see the result. It will show the following output:
If we click on any of these items, these will do nothing. We have to describe the actions for these menu items so that that they can perform any work.