VB.NET Timer control
- Timer controls are controls that are used to generate periodic events.
- These controls are called components and they do not appear in a Window at run time.
- At design time they appear in the component tray below the form in which they are added.
- You can place a Timer control on the form by drag and drop it from the toolbox. The Timer control looks like as follows:
Properties of Timer Control
Some of the commonly used properties of Timer Control are listed below in the Table:
Methods of Timer Control
Some of the commonly used methods of Timer Control are listed below in the Table:
Events of Timer Control
Some of the commonly used events of Timer Control are listed below in the Table:
Here is a simple example of Timer control. To understand the use of the Timer control follows the given steps:
- Add a Label control and Timer control to Form from the ToolBox.
- Now select the Timer control and open its properties window and change its Enabled property to True.
- Now click on the Events icon and double click inside the combo box next to Tick event.
- The Code window will appear. Add the following code in Timer_Tick event handler:
- Now run the application by pressing F5 key. You will get the following output:
Label1.Text = DateTime.Now.ToString()