VB.NET Member Access Modifiers
In VB.NET the scope of members (data-members and member-methods) of a class is defined by the some access-modifiers, known as member access modifiers. All member access modifiers are keywords. The member access modifiers supported by the VB.NET 2010 are as follows:
- Public: Public member is accessible in the class in which it is defined and also accessible from anywhere outside the class, including the class derived from its base class.
- Protected: Protected member is accessible in its own class and the classes derived from its base class.
- Friend: Friend member is accessible in the classes of the same assembly.
- Protected Friend: Protected Friend member is accessible in the derived classes and also in the classes of its assembly.
- Private: Private member is accessible only inside its own class.